Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 06:32:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

San Diego Chargers

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: San Diego Chargers  (Read 254 times)
Tuck

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« on: December 07, 2009, 08:42:13 am »

Chargers win.  I know, I am in the midst of Colt and Bear fans, but that's ok.  I also like the Colts, but like the Bolts more.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Terry

View Profile
Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 11:27:28 am »

The Chargers are on channel 4 @ 3 PM this Sunday.  Good Luck.
Report Spam   Logged
Tuck

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 12:43:44 pm »

The Chargers are on channel 4 @ 3 PM this Sunday.  Good Luck.

Thanks Terry, will have to tape it as I will be working........thanks for the heads up.
Report Spam   Logged
Tuck

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 09:40:40 am »

Chargers vs the Tennessee Titans tonite at 6pm on the NFL network. Go Chargers!!
Report Spam   Logged
Chazzy

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 08:52:43 pm »

Chargers are playing some great football, offense and defense. They gonna be a hard team to beat.
Report Spam   Logged
Tuck

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 10:04:21 pm »

Chargers are playing some great football, offense and defense. They gonna be a hard team to beat.

I love it!!

I am angry with the Colts management tho, or the coach.  In my opinion, they should never have taken the starters out of the game. They had the lead in the 3rd quarter. By doing that, they not only cheated the players out of an undefeated season, but they also shortchanged the fans. Fans pay good money to see the best the team has to offer.
Report Spam   Logged
Terry

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 08:56:03 am »

The Chargers have a very good team this year.  While I don't follow them, in the few games that I saw them play, they will be a tough team to beat in the playoffs.
On the other hand, I must respectfully disagree with you about letting the Colts first team play the whole game.  First, it would have been great to see them go undefeated the entire regular season.  But, they already won their division and a first week by.  They had nothing to gain by keeping them in.  There are no extra dollars for going 16-0.
Second, if Peyton got hurt, there goes there Super Bowl chance as well as the opportunity for big bonuses.
While fans believe that pro football is about the sport, league owners believe it's about the money.  You must protect your most valuable assets, especially when there is nothing to gain.  Look for the Colts 1st team to only play a quarter next week.
Having said all that, I too was disappointed to see them pull Peyton out of the game.
Report Spam   Logged
Tuck

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 11:46:17 am »

I resepct your opinion Terry. Thanks for sharing.....

Question, I guess I could look on the NFL website, but is the pro-bowl BEFORE the Super Bowl this year. If so, WHY?

I would think they would do as usual and wait until after the bowl, that way, no injuries to possible bowl players.......guess it goes along with the same thinking of taking them out of the regular season games when they have clinched the title already.....
Report Spam   Logged
Chazzy

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 09:15:52 pm »

And i agree with you both on taking Manning out of the game, the coach better hope that by doing that it dont blow up in his face. I know the fans are not very happy ( to say the least. )  with that call. The Colts have a great team, but that may have damaged their moral.   But that Cowboys are the luckist team. And who Deemed them as America"s team.Guess i just dont like Jones, or Phillips.
Report Spam   Logged
Terry

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 09:31:53 am »

Seeing how Tuck's wife has never seen snow before, I have a special offer for her.  Tuck, please tell her that she can have ALL my snow, especially the snow that's coming tonight.  All she has to do is come over, get it, and take it home with her.  No coupons or discounts accepted.  It's FREE.
Report Spam   Logged
Tuck

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 11:06:37 am »

Terry, thanks so much for your offer. It is most generous of you. After careful consideration, we must gracefully decline, for the simple reason...I HATE SNOW!!!!  lol

Seriously, I enjoy her excitement, but I am sure we will have all we can handle....
Report Spam   Logged
Tuck

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 08:53:53 am »

Colts played a great game last nite!!  Now, it's the Charges time to shine!! The weather forecast in San Diego is a big lightning storm. This is going to be so big, the FAA has ordered a NO FLY zone over Mission Valley, and the grounding of ALL Jets!!

Go Chargers!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Tuck

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 08:26:36 am »

My beloved Chargers did not turn up for the game yesterday, The Jets are to be congratulated. They were the better team yesterday. Are they actually the better team?  I don't think so. A good friend of mine wrote up a list of some of the things the Chargers did wrong in the game.

Among the errors made by the Chargers yesterday, and the cost of each miscue:

Error: Bad snap from Nick Hardwick in shotgun formation

Result: From second-and-8 to third-and-18 and eventually a punt

Error: Missed field goal by Nate Kaeding from 36 yards after making 69 straight from 40 yards or closer

Result: Instead of 3-0 lead, game stays 0-0

Error: Third-down pass interference penalty on Quentin Jammer gives New York a first down at the Chargers 37

Result: Instead of Jets punting, they maintain possession and wind up with field goal to make it 7-3

Error: Philip Rivers throws a pass up for grabs and Darrelle Revis intercepts it inside the Jets 20

Result: Instead of punting and possibly pinning the Jets inside their 10, New York gets possession at the 23 and is able to drive out near midfield and pin the Chargers at their 4 with a punt

Error: Rivers throws a pass behind Vincent Jackson and Jim Leonhard intercepts at the Chargers 27 and returns to the 16

Result: New York gets great field position, setting up the go-ahead TD

Error: On the first play after the interception, Shaun Phillips is penalized for head-butting a Jets player

Result: Instead of facing second-and-8, New York gets a first down at the 7 and eventually scores a TD

Error: Kaeding misses a 40-yard field goal

Result: Instead of cutting the Jets’ lead to 17-10, the Chargers still trail by two scores (17-7)

Error(s): Jackson is penalized 15 yards for kicking the challenge flag and later Gates drops his second pass of the fourth quarter

Result: Chargers score a TD, but it takes them a little longer than it might have — time they didn’t have to waste
SUMMARY

There were 10 penalties (including four 15-yarders), three missed field goals, two turnovers, at least three dropped passes and three fumbles the Chargers didn’t lose but in two cases cost them field position.

I now ask all my Charger friends to root for the Indianapolis Colts to continue their quest for the Super Bowl.
Report Spam   Logged
Terry

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 09:41:32 am »

Tuck,  Sorry about the Chargers loss yesterday.  Your analysis was spot on.  I, too, am now rooting for the Colts.  But, must admit, the Vikes still have a chance.  Would love to see Farve and Manning go against one another.  That would be a monster game to watch.
Report Spam   Logged
Tuck

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 09:44:49 am »

It should be a great game Terry, but as I well know, the Colts have to get past next week, and the Cinderella Jets....
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum