Vermilion Voice
March 29, 2024, 02:52:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

San Diego Chargers

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: San Diego Chargers  (Read 258 times)
Tuck

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« on: January 18, 2010, 08:26:36 am »

My beloved Chargers did not turn up for the game yesterday, The Jets are to be congratulated. They were the better team yesterday. Are they actually the better team?  I don't think so. A good friend of mine wrote up a list of some of the things the Chargers did wrong in the game.

Among the errors made by the Chargers yesterday, and the cost of each miscue:

Error: Bad snap from Nick Hardwick in shotgun formation

Result: From second-and-8 to third-and-18 and eventually a punt

Error: Missed field goal by Nate Kaeding from 36 yards after making 69 straight from 40 yards or closer

Result: Instead of 3-0 lead, game stays 0-0

Error: Third-down pass interference penalty on Quentin Jammer gives New York a first down at the Chargers 37

Result: Instead of Jets punting, they maintain possession and wind up with field goal to make it 7-3

Error: Philip Rivers throws a pass up for grabs and Darrelle Revis intercepts it inside the Jets 20

Result: Instead of punting and possibly pinning the Jets inside their 10, New York gets possession at the 23 and is able to drive out near midfield and pin the Chargers at their 4 with a punt

Error: Rivers throws a pass behind Vincent Jackson and Jim Leonhard intercepts at the Chargers 27 and returns to the 16

Result: New York gets great field position, setting up the go-ahead TD

Error: On the first play after the interception, Shaun Phillips is penalized for head-butting a Jets player

Result: Instead of facing second-and-8, New York gets a first down at the 7 and eventually scores a TD

Error: Kaeding misses a 40-yard field goal

Result: Instead of cutting the Jets’ lead to 17-10, the Chargers still trail by two scores (17-7)

Error(s): Jackson is penalized 15 yards for kicking the challenge flag and later Gates drops his second pass of the fourth quarter

Result: Chargers score a TD, but it takes them a little longer than it might have — time they didn’t have to waste
SUMMARY

There were 10 penalties (including four 15-yarders), three missed field goals, two turnovers, at least three dropped passes and three fumbles the Chargers didn’t lose but in two cases cost them field position.

I now ask all my Charger friends to root for the Indianapolis Colts to continue their quest for the Super Bowl.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum