Vermilion Voice
March 29, 2024, 08:38:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

DIRECT TV vs. COMCAST CABLE

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DIRECT TV vs. COMCAST CABLE  (Read 199 times)
Terry

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 4 Windows User
« on: December 07, 2009, 12:26:19 pm »

Hope someone can help me out by providing a comparison between Direct TV and the Cable.

For example, what about reception?  If you already have cable, do they need to run new lines for direct tv?  How do prices and customer service
compare?

Am getting a new tv today and am trying to decide which vendor to use.  Thanks in advance.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ann

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 03:30:46 pm »

Terry,

We had both @ the same time for almost 2 years. The service and reception were equal.  Yes, they need to run lines and put a dish on your roof.  Direct Tv has some channels that cable does not.  ( Direct Tv is the only provider that offers NFL Sunday Ticket, which is why we had it).  The problem was that you have to have a reciever for each television in order to watch multiple programs at the same time AND you pay rent on each of the receivers.  At the end of the day is just made more sense to upgrade the comcast to the premium package (which requires the HD/DVR) and leave the rest of the house basic cable.  We also receive a small discount for also having comcast internet.  With 6 people in the family and more TV's than necessary, that is what worked for us.

Good Luck!
Report Spam   Logged

Equal Opportunity does not mean Equal Achievement
Hhop

View Profile WWW
Signature Webmaster Level 3
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 08:04:20 am »

We have always had cable, but have considered Direct TV or other satellite system from time to time. Each time though, I decided I was better off just to keep the cable. As Ann stated, we have several televisions, and would need several boxes. Even though Direct TV offers a large number of channels, several that I watch frequently are not available.
Report Spam   Logged

You don't have to stop playing when you get old, but you get old when you stop playing.
Tuck

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 08:39:44 am »

We had a satellite set up once, and noticed it was affected by the weather. Stormy nites usually meant  stormy reception.
Report Spam   Logged
Bingo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 08:18:17 pm »

i have heard the same thing Tuck.

We have ATT UVERSE available where I live. Anyone i talk to with that service loves it. Same thing as DirectTV though, you must pay for each room's access.  My husband has cable going through the brick to the patio/breezeway where he likes to watch TV when it isn't 30 degrees outside. it is pretty much like an outside room without a door. I like DirectTV when I visit one of our kids because Friday Night Lights is on Direct TV before the season goes to conventional TV. We can't get the Big 10 network with our cable service and that is a minus to us.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 08:20:04 pm by Bingo » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum