Vermilion Voice
March 29, 2024, 10:13:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Food Pantry Robbed. Assistance Requested.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Food Pantry Robbed. Assistance Requested.  (Read 578 times)
jeffc

100 years from now it won't matter now will it?

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2009, 09:06:43 pm »

Smells a tad "fishy" to me too !
Report Spam   Logged

Help, I'm falling. Get me another beer.
Tuck

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2009, 06:07:21 am »

Here is what I heard....

The truck in question was similar to a soft drink truck......was divided in half down the middle of the trailer.  The people supposedly looked into one "half" of the truck, and noticed the shortage of boxes, and I guess did not know the other half was there.  Now, I don't know how plausible this is....but.....here is the story in the CN, which makes it look like it was possible....

http://www.commercial-news.com/local/local_story_346012753.html
Report Spam   Logged
Chazzy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2009, 09:19:29 am »

Then the people that unloaded that truck shud be spoken to. and i thot everybody knew that there are two sides to a soft drink truck..  Kinda gives another charity a black eye, and dont get me wrong, i give all the time, but there comes a time when the ordinary people are gave out.The people that are running these charities shud take a cut in their massive pay, and bonuses.Not talking about food banks or food drives.i surpport them as i can.
Report Spam   Logged
Cleaning Lady

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2009, 09:50:10 pm »

Was Roger Boen in charge of that food pantry collection that had the wrong count?(County Market)
Report Spam   Logged

Keep It Clean
marigoldhead

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 06:52:54 am »

Was Roger Boen in charge of that food pantry collection that had the wrong count?(County Market)

Oh no you didnt go there!  That was so wrong! Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Cleaning Lady

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2009, 08:29:30 am »

Oh no you didnt go there!  That was so wrong! Wink
What's wrong with asking a simple question? I simply asked if he was in charge. Requires a yes, no, or I don't know. I was just curious. What's wrong with that?
Report Spam   Logged

Keep It Clean
Tuck

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2009, 09:33:18 am »

Back up folks...I know this is going off topic, but what is it about this Roger Boen guy?  Remember, I have been gone from the Danville area for over 25 years. Just getting back into the area and trying to get caught up.

Maybe you can tell me CL. You seem to know everything that is going on.........
Report Spam   Logged
Cleaning Lady

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2009, 09:52:11 am »

Back up folks...I know this is going off topic, but what is it about this Roger Boen guy?  Remember, I have been gone from the Danville area for over 25 years. Just getting back into the area and trying to get caught up.

I don't know everything that goes on. I do read the newspaper like most people do. Roger Boen was the former Danville Township Supervisor. He had his family working under him(Nepotism). His wife stole alot of money while under his watch. Roger didn't report any money missing. An investigation led to the arrest of his wife. They repaid the thousands of dollars that came up missing. I think it was menopause that made her do it. Atleast that's what she claims. Anyway Roger has been conducting these food drives while Supervisor. I saw him at County Market in the truck on one of the days of collection.
I was just curious if he was in charge or just helping out. Ofcourse Marigold thought the worse of my question. It was just a simple question.
Report Spam   Logged

Keep It Clean
marigoldhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2009, 12:51:27 pm »

I don't know everything that goes on. I do read the newspaper like most people do. Roger Boen was the former Danville Township Supervisor. He had his family working under him(Nepotism). His wife stole alot of money while under his watch. Roger didn't report any money missing. An investigation led to the arrest of his wife. They repaid the thousands of dollars that came up missing. I think it was menopause that made her do it. Atleast that's what she claims. Anyway Roger has been conducting these food drives while Supervisor. I saw him at County Market in the truck on one of the days of collection.
I was just curious if he was in charge or just helping out. Ofcourse Marigold thought the worse of my question. It was just a simple question.

No I didnt think the worst!  i thought I was making a funny!  It was sarcasium.  I know exactly what you are talking about.  I have been bit in the ass by him also..... I totally agree with you cleaning lady.  You hit it right on the dot. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Cleaning Lady

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2009, 12:55:36 pm »

No I didnt think the worst!  i thought I was making a funny!  It was sarcasium.  I know exactly what you are talking about.  I have been bit in the ass by him also..... I totally agree with you cleaning lady.  You hit it right on the dot. Grin
Sorry Marigold, my bad. I thought I hit a nerve when I made mention of Roger Boen's participation in the Food Pantry drive. Controversy sure follows that man around. Hmmm....
Report Spam   Logged

Keep It Clean
marigoldhead

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2009, 06:54:41 am »

Yep it does.......................
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: