Vermilion Voice
March 29, 2024, 06:16:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Fraud, Friendship, Money....What do you think?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fraud, Friendship, Money....What do you think?  (Read 1120 times)
Pretender

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2010, 06:37:52 pm »

If you go into Judici.com you will see that Mel has had money problems in the past.  If my memory serves me right, he lived with his mother until she died.  He moved here from Indiana after he was arrested for solicitation and starting attending the First Church of Christ.  He acted very pious while there and seemed rather uncomfortable when he saw me there (I am assuming because he thought he had kept his secrets hidden).  Then he befriended a VERY wealthy much older widow and was often seen driving her Caddy.  Then she died.  Sorry, I don't feel too sorry for people who depend on others for their existence or to get them out of jams.  You had better consider yourself very lucky that you are out of this situation and stay away from him unless you are a glutton for punishment.  Just some advice.

I have a neighbor who is of the same persuasion as Mel and who, being older, allows himself to be used by the younger gays in this town and surrounding towns.  In his younger days, he, too, used people--gay men and old and lonely women.  In fact, he inherited a house from a retired female school teacher.  Now he has a HIV positive boyfriend who is 40 years his junior.  I used to think he was being taken advantage of, but have come to the conclusion that he is merely the recipient of what he used to dole out.  Also know of a transvestite 70-ish man in town who gets involved with and performs favors for any male willing to give him the time of day.  If he doesn't have HIV he is very lucky.  And he should know better because he is in the medical field.  But I guess his drive for satisfaction coupled with his loneliness are too strong for him to resist.  There is always someone out there ready to take advantage of the vulnerable.

I will lay you odds that Mel will be back.  He will just wait until this has all died down.  He should be ashamed of himself.  You know that he should be able to live quite comfortably from his VA retirement.  But maybe acquiring younger guys has become too costly since he is so much older.  I used to think he was a nice, if pitiful, guy until I saw him with the wealthy widow......

Yes, I had checked out the deal about Capital One Bank. Mel actually told me that he'd gone bankrupt in 2007 (think he said 2007 anyhow). He's in receipt of a VA Pension and he, also, mentioned Social Security. This all stinks of people taking advantage of others for personal gain. I don't care to associate with any of this as it makes me want to puke.
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2010, 06:08:51 pm »

I wanted to clarify that I don't want to be associated with any of the players in this any longer, but I do want to continue to expose this for whatever it turns out to be and am hopeful that it will be exposed.
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2010, 07:51:12 pm »

I would imagine that, unless CRIS or the DPD 'wishes' you to stay updated, that you won't hear from your 'friend' for another...oh,...say '15 years.'
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2010, 07:16:42 pm »

The investigation continues into this matter. Please contact CRIS if you have any information that may be helpful in the investigation.
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
nanny

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2010, 04:16:13 am »

I hate to be negative about the possibility of this situation being handled properly, but in the past I have called CRIS on numerous occasions reporting a case of an elderly man not being cared for properly.  There have been visits made to his house, but nothing has changed.  The last time I called, I mentioned one of the board members by name.  I got an immediate response, but, still, the man does not receive the care he should and often suffers from neglect, bordering on abuse.  As far as the DPD, I think Bruce Stark is a good one to contact when a case involves possible exploitation of the elderly.
Report Spam   Logged
skiptown

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2010, 02:45:31 pm »

I wonder if it was the same guy that claimed to be a customer of mine 11 years ago. He wanted money to bail out a friend. He did promise me he would pay me back the next week. Surrrrre and I have a key to the back door of the White House
Report Spam   Logged

Look around and see if you are with us
<**>
Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2010, 05:50:21 pm »

This situation has continued and the authorities are looking for more information. There are greedy people out there and they don't care about you if they can take advantage of your kindness and willingness to help (get scammed).
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2010, 06:16:43 pm »

Received numerous calls today, from the subject of this thread, requesting a loan (give away). Told him "no" and just wanted to let you all know. The situation continues.
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
Bingo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2010, 09:23:14 pm »

Received numerous calls today, from the subject of this thread, requesting a loan (give away). Told him "no" and just wanted to let you all know. The situation continues.

Pretender, that guy has brass ones doesnt he?  Scamming you last Fall and then expecting you to hand over more cash?
Report Spam   Logged
Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2010, 05:43:35 pm »

Pretender, that guy has brass ones doesnt he?  Scamming you last Fall and then expecting you to hand over more cash?

That's pretty much my thoughts on it!
Report Spam   Logged

Bob

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum