Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 09:18:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

GLOBAL WARMING

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: GLOBAL WARMING  (Read 517 times)
Terry

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 4 Windows User
« on: January 04, 2010, 09:04:42 am »

If you think that global warming is for real, I invite you to spend some time outside this morning.  Don't forget your swim suit.  Big Al is a nut case.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 04:23:31 pm »

Big Al is a nut case.

Let's not leave out all of his sheeple.  'Global Warming' has always been about politics, not science...

Wanna bet that he'll get to keep his Nobel Prize and Oscar?
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
Tuck

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 02:34:10 am »

I have stated in the past that I do not believe in this global warming BS. Here is a link that you might want to look at......Features a meteorologist from a San Diego news channel, he is the founder of the Weather Channel, and has also appeared on other shows as well. Pretty credible....may I introduce to you....John Coleman.....

http://www.kusi.com/home/78477082.html?video=pop&t=a
Report Spam   Logged
pesoto74

View Profile
Combination Level 2 Level 1
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 01:20:57 pm »

A lot of people may not remember but John Coleman once did the weather at WCIA.  I think he has mostly been a tv weatherman type and not a top scientist.  From what I understand of the issue of global warming is that the real scientists are almost in total agreement on the issue. And they are using the same methods of science that have proven so correct and successful in other areas.  In this instance for many reasons some people don't like the conclusions about climate that is supported by a great preponderance of the scientific evidence, however that doesn't mean it isn't true nonetheless.  Generally, the only people questioning global warming these days are fringe types paid by corporations who see their interests threatened. 
Report Spam   Logged
buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 09:55:43 pm »

The 'real scientists' that you speak of were using research gathered by other 'real scientists' who were receiving grants from pro-nuclear advocates to 'prove' that burning fossil fuels 'caused' global warming effect.  This is not science.  This is why everyone 'knew' that the world was flat at one time.  So, these 'real scientists' were hired to 'prove' a falsehood.  

Their strategy was like proving the lie that Saddam had WMD's.  They would ignore the mountain of evidence that 'proved' that burning fossil fuels had a minimal effect on global temperatures, and 'cherry-pick' the tidbits of info that showed otherwise.  They did this for 'the money.'  The persons writing the checks to pay these real scientists established the goal of their mission.  If the scientists wanted the money, they had to supply the proof.

The bombshell that broke the big lie came when an 'insider' copied reams of data and thousands of emails from some university in Scotland (I think), that was to scientists in the climatology field as the CDC is to health officials in the US.  This stolen data and emails 'proved' what I posted in the paragraph above.  Of course, little to nothing was mentioned in our controlled-media about this.

I've got a friend, who is very well-read and intelligent, who fell into the religion of global warming a few years ago.  He's a big fan of NPR and he heard about it there, so to him it 'had' to be true.  This was a topic that we never agreed on.  The one question that he could never answer was:  If global warming is indeed caused by man's use of fossil fuels, then why is the temperature on Mars also rising?

Anywhooo...

I invite you to do a little more research into what is now being referred to as 'Climategate.'

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/751.html

http://rense.com/Datapages/climatedat.htm

http://whatreallyhappened.com/search/node/global%20warming
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
Chazzy

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 07:52:25 pm »

Nothing but a big ol Hoax. But Big Al Gore sure is making a whole lotta   money off it. Along with all his corrupt politicion friends, that are going along with him. Scare tactics always work.
Report Spam   Logged
TEN

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 03:27:44 pm »

It is nothing but MONEY and SCARE tactics.It you put some Ice cubes in a glass and let it melt to see if the water will overfow the glass,gess what it won't cause the ice that melts will be the same as it was when it was frozen.Try it and see for yourself.  TEN Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
techguy

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 2
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 04:55:03 pm »

It is nothing but MONEY and SCARE tactics.It you put some Ice cubes in a glass and let it melt to see if the water will overfow the glass,gess what it won't cause the ice that melts will be the same as it was when it was frozen.Try it and see for yourself.  TEN Smiley
The glaciers that are melting (and I'm not even saying why, you can call it cyclical or whatever but they ARE melting) are on land. Like, not in the ocean.
Report Spam   Logged
Tuck

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 06:07:15 pm »

The glaciers that are melting (and I'm not even saying why, you can call it cyclical or whatever but they ARE melting) are on land. Like, not in the ocean.

well TG, you just taught me something...I had always thought glaciers were on the water, not on land.........
Report Spam   Logged
TEN

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 03:07:12 pm »

But if that is happing it still will not change the oceans.Remember in the 70's they were predicton a new ice age.Sure wish they would make up there minds. TEN
Report Spam   Logged
techguy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 08:47:59 am »

But if that is happing it still will not change the oceans.Remember in the 70's they were predicton a new ice age.Sure wish they would make up there minds. TEN

The seas are already rising, both from thermal expansion and ice melt. You can argue about the cause all you want, but it's already a fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Current_sea_level_rise

http://www.app.com/article/20100115/NEWS/1150366/Rising-sea-level-bringing-change-to-coastal-life
Report Spam   Logged
Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 09:38:05 am »

Here is another fact you can't deny.....

http://www.nebraskaweatherphotos.org/Lake-Mead-2009.html
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
TEN

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 11:13:48 am »

GA THAT WAS GOOD AND SAVED ME A LOT OF RESERCH.ISTILL THINK IT IS  ALL WEONG. BIG AL IS MAKING A LOT OF MONEY OFF OF IT.I JUST DON'T BELIEVE IT.IT IS ALSO A LAST DAY SIGN.WEARGER CHANGES,EARTHQUICKS AND PLAGES AND A BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF THAT I DON'T HAVE TIME TO DAY TO EXPLAIN.I DOUGHT THAT ANY ONE WOULD BELIEVE IT ANYWAY.YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY.TEN
Report Spam   Logged
Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 01:31:29 pm »

All these changes have happened before eons ago, the only difference is, now the earth is filled with billions of people and those people are in harms way.......think about it.  We all need to be conscience of what we are doing, both to the earth where we live  and the people in it........  We use and abuse this earth of ours as if it will last forever..................................it won't!   I won't be around to see it run out but that doesn't mean I want my kids and grandkids to suffer.  What is funny to me is that the same people who complain about the national debt being a burden to their children, don't care about what the changes in the earth will do to them.   You can't see the big picture sitting inside the frame.
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
techguy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 03:08:07 pm »

Here is another fact you can't deny.....

http://www.nebraskaweatherphotos.org/Lake-Mead-2009.html

Not sure what Lake Mead has to do with ocean levels, (not that you said it did!) but whatever. We're using our fresh water resources at an alarming rate, and the pumping of vast amounts of water to service customer tens if not hundreds of miles away is going to come back to haunt us. Soon.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 03:20:05 pm by techguy » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum