Vermilion Voice
March 29, 2024, 02:00:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Political Sign at McDonald's

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Political Sign at McDonald's  (Read 488 times)
Lea

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 12:42:23 pm »

The sign supports Chad Hays for state representative.  And I do agree that a personal business should promote whatever or whomever they want.  My question, was because McDonald's is a franchise, is corporate aware?  Again, I know that the Witzels are a very community conscious family, but I still feel the sign should be posted in their personal front yard, not at their business.
Report Spam   Logged
Tuck

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 02:22:42 pm »

The sign supports Chad Hays for state representative.  And I do agree that a personal business should promote whatever or whomever they want.  My question, was because McDonald's is a franchise, is corporate aware?  Again, I know that the Witzels are a very community conscious family, but I still feel the sign should be posted in their personal front yard, not at their business.

Lea, I guess my question would be how many of us really know which businesses are franchised, and which are actually owned by some one locally?  I would venture to guess that many people really do not know, and probably don't even care.

Ok, here is a presumption......if I am not mistaken, the Commercial News is owned by a larger group....yet they endorse local candidates. Would it not be considered a "franchise"?
Report Spam   Logged
marigoldhead

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2010, 03:24:33 pm »

Lea, I guess my question would be how many of us really know which businesses are franchised, and which are actually owned by some one locally?  I would venture to guess that many people really do not know, and probably don't even care.

Ok, here is a presumption......if I am not mistaken, the Commercial News is owned by a larger group....yet they endorse local candidates. Would it not be considered a "franchise"?

Wow Tuck you went there.......
Report Spam   Logged
Tuck

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2010, 04:33:06 pm »

Wow Tuck you went there.......

Yep, sure did......  ;=)
Report Spam   Logged
Lea

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2010, 04:45:45 pm »

Okay, because you "went there", here goes.......I don't see Commercial-News having a political sign at the front of their building.  Also, again, I am not saying the local McDonald's can't have an opinion, I am saying I don't believe their corporation would support whatever political opinion the Witzels may have.  And the Commercial-News is a periodical that runs on "opinions".   
It sure has made a good discussion topic.  I will try to think of another one!    Thanks for all the comments.
Report Spam   Logged
Pretender

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2010, 06:07:46 pm »

You can call McDonalds corporate in the US at 1-800-244-6227 to find out what their position is on this.
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
Tuck

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 07:50:05 pm »

And the Commercial-News is a periodical that runs on "opinions".   

Shouldn't the CN publish articles based on fact?  I would hope so.....

I am not naive enuff to believe they publish nothing but facts. They are a business that wants to make money. I am sure their stories will have a slant, either to the right or to the left, where in all fairness, they should go right down the middle....

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this subject, but as you, I did enjoy the discussion.

Report Spam   Logged
music man

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2010, 01:51:31 pm »

I think we are drowning in political correctness. Somebody will be offended no matter what you do. Can't watch TV news without seeing a agenda. Fox News pushes their ultra right wing agenda. MSNBC pushes a far left agenda. I don't know who is pushing a plain common sense agenda.

I have a new letter of reference for former employees.

Mr.John Doe worked for me for 3 years. I was very satisfied when he left!
Report Spam   Logged
TEN

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2010, 04:36:00 pm »

To all Potilitical signs are almost every where.My Dad told me years ago that politians were like a bunch of bananas.They go in green,turn yellow and come out rotten,The word politics comes trom the Latin.Poly means many ticks means blood suckers.That should make people think>  TEN
Report Spam   Logged
marigoldhead

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2010, 09:39:01 am »

Lots of other signs going up at other businesses.  Seems the businesses dont agree with some of you because they are putting more signs out.  Just thought you might like to know.....
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum