Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 04:09:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Businesses needed

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Businesses needed  (Read 218 times)
ann

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« on: January 04, 2010, 05:33:38 pm »

Looking for Opinion of people who live in Vermilion County.  What time of New Business Retail/Service do you think is needed and would have success in Vermilion County? 

I think a something along the lines of a Burlington Coat Factory would do well.   
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 08:53:31 pm by ann » Report Spam   Logged

Equal Opportunity does not mean Equal Achievement

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tuck

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 05:09:14 pm »

What surprise me, is that there is a Jack in the Box Distribution plant on Lynch Spur, but no restaurant here?  That really sounds strange to me, but again, I am not in the business arena.....
Report Spam   Logged
ann

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 05:26:37 pm »

Good point Tuck - It seems that no matter how tough the local economy people tend to eat out. 
My motivation for the post was to  determine if it is at all possible to re-route those retail dollars that travel to Champaign County.  Certainly a difficult task to encourage retail business to open.   People love the Big Box Stores and many of those stores are seeing marked retractions and are not opening more stores.  The small retail business is difficult to start.

There is an article in the NG today about the Village Mall going into Receivership.  My family continues try to shop exclusively in Vermilion County.  I will admit that is sometimes challenging but I hope that the choices do not continue to dwindle.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 05:48:19 pm by ann » Report Spam   Logged

Equal Opportunity does not mean Equal Achievement
Chazzy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 08:27:15 pm »

It dont matter what kind of business, if there"s nothing in it for Politions in Vermilion Co.,it aint gonna be able to open. Thats the do it in Danville. , and it wudnt be bad if wut ever tried it , cud somehow feel obliged to open something that is standing empty, instead of building something brand new. But people get a better price in Champaign.
Report Spam   Logged
marigoldhead

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 08:24:18 am »

I personally know that Tilton is working very hard on some retail for us.  It is always a long drawn out process.  They have however got a new cabinet company, DTI, Gaudio, International Greenhous Company, and more ...... No one is going to build until this economy levels out.  I just hope its not to late for vermilion county.  I know that us like most businesses were down last year.  My business is a luxury business and is something that does not have to be done.  I am very positive that the turnaround will happen by spring.  It is already starting to look better in other cities.  Keep watching and im sure we will get something.

Report Spam   Logged
Terry

View Profile
Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 08:52:23 am »

While your business may be down, it is still the best nursery in Vermilion County.  All work done by your company is very well done and very professional.  Perhaps, other businesses in the county could learn a few things from you, like outstanding customer service.
Report Spam   Logged
marigoldhead

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 12:38:39 pm »

While your business may be down, it is still the best nursery in Vermilion County.  All work done by your company is very well done and very professional.  Perhaps, other businesses in the county could learn a few things from you, like outstanding customer service.

Wow thank you!  We try to train our staff to be family and it works for us.  Since I have taken over last year we have made alot of changes.  Personel that wasnt working out were released.  My core staff is very good.  But none of this is possible without customers like you.  I dont do everything right but we try to do the best we can.  I learn from others in my business and that is what everyone needs to do.  This year we are celebrating 60 years business with me being here 30 years of that.  Thanks again for the wonderful comment! Grin
Report Spam   Logged
music man

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 02:14:42 pm »

It is my opinion we must get a handle on China,India & other foreign business taking our jobs. Kind of sad to have to think a "Jack In the Box" would make a good addition to Danville. I'm in favor of anything that gives us jobs but I would hope to get higher on the hog.

I hope President OBama addresses our trade imbalance.  We are becoming a "Service Industry" nation.It's hard to come up with a good suggestion for Danville when the "Industrial Base" is going overseas at the speed of light. Seems like to even get a industrial business to locate you must give them tax breaks & incentives.

I do know the one thing big business truly understands & that is money. Hit them in the pocketbook & they start to understand real well! We have to make it more viable to locate in the USA. The very country that abolished slavery welcomes it in other countries. We import goods made by slave labor. Right now we are driving down "Pikes Peak" & the brakelight just lit up on the dashboard!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum