Vermilion Voice
March 29, 2024, 07:33:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

teen pregnancies

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: teen pregnancies  (Read 211 times)
Bingo

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 12:21:13 pm »

In my own opinon, morals and values have been watered down as handed along generations. We were more liberal than our parents, and they more so than their parents. One of the things I have noticed in my years on the job, is that mamas are involved in their daughter's lives in different ways than they were in the past. For instance, 10, 11, 12 year old girls, their mamas are worried if other little girls in their daughter's classes have boyfriends and their own daughter does not. The clothes the girls wear show off their sexuality at very young ages. Mamas have boyfriends living in the house with her children and sometimes a string of guys in and out for short periods of time. Role models aren't baking cookies and volunteering as crossing guards and PTA, they are moving kids in and out of stranger's houses. There are parents who buy their kids cigs and booze while they are underage because it sure didn't hurt them any and they would rather having them drinking at home.  Where are the parents who are teaching their kids to follow the rules? Why do they let their kids be rude at school and not bother to try to learn in class? The breakdown in morals and values is all around us but it doesn't apply to 'our' kids. 

We have discovered that we were strict with our kids who are now on their own. In this economy I won't say they won't need help, but we insisted they do their best in school, and go on to college. They married before having babies. Yet I see that they dont all embrace the same values that my husband and I were raised with.  They don't blink when going to baby showers for unmarried friends, they don't preach about the same friends using WIC, food stamps, medical cards and other free services while living with their boyfriends. Some of their friends are living as families but are using the rest of us to give them what we have to work and pay for.

Off my box now, I don't believe in tar and feather, but I would like to see respect and dignity become vocabulary words for young people, as well as making sure our kids understand the meanings of respect and dignity.
Report Spam   Logged
Guardian Angel

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 04:33:19 pm »

Bravo Bingo, I couldn't have said it better.................. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: