Vermilion Voice
March 29, 2024, 07:24:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Anyone getting calls from 904-825-7433 caller ID Florida Call?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone getting calls from 904-825-7433 caller ID Florida Call?  (Read 240 times)
Pretender

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« on: February 10, 2010, 06:25:21 pm »

I've been getting many calls from that number or, at least, that's the number showing on Caller ID. I've pretty much narrowed it down to a telemarketing outfit attempting to sell newspaper subscriptions. Further digging makes me think it's connected to a company called Gannett Tel-Sel which may connect it to Gannett Publications which may connect it to the Commercial-News. It's terribly annoying!
Report Spam   Logged

Bob

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tuck

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 02:57:41 am »

I could be wrong, but I don't think the CN belongs to the Gannet group any longer.
Report Spam   Logged
Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 06:13:37 pm »

I could be wrong, but I don't think the CN belongs to the Gannet group any longer.

I received two more calls from the number today. I answered the second one. Guess what I was asked? "Would you like a special offer for subscription to the Commercial-News?" I told them that I was unable to read newspapers and/or magazines any longer as my eyes are too bad so they said that they'd remove me from their call list. The Commercial-News is part of the "Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc" group. There appears to be a connection with the Gannett telemarketing division though or a connection with Tel-Sel.
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
Tuck

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 09:21:10 am »

What I hate is when these people call you, and you are already a subscriber!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 05:50:04 pm »

What I hate is when these people call you, and you are already a subscriber!!!

A neighbor of mine got her first phone call from the number today. It showed up on caller ID the same as mine. She wasn't familiar with the number and happens to have a friend that went to Daytona for the 500 so she called him as well as other people she knows out of state to try to find out who had called her. She is a current subscriber of the C-N paper. I received two calls from the number today after they said they'd remove my number from the call list. I called the C-N (Amanda) and was told that they had contacted the telemarketer's location telling them to quit calling their customers and former customers. The C-N (according to Amanda) had received other complaints about the calls. I told Amanda that I was attempting to avoid contacting the FCC, but would if I was called by the telemarketers again. Amanda confirmed that the number I was receiving calls from was the same number as other complaints the C-N had taken.
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 10:18:58 am »

The number I posted should have been 904-825-4733. Sorry  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
skiptown

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 02:45:02 pm »

I wondred about that my self, why would some one in Fla want to sell me CN sub. I told the lady I get it on line . she couldn't understand why I'd not want it in my mailbox.
Yes Tuckie Gannett doesn't think Danville is big enough for their rags anymore .
Report Spam   Logged

Look around and see if you are with us
<**>
Tuck

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 05:53:27 pm »

I wondred about that my self, why would some one in Fla want to sell me CN sub. I told the lady I get it on line . she couldn't understand why I'd not want it in my mailbox.
Yes Tuckie Gannett doesn't think Danville is big enough for their rags anymore .

Skip, I do get the CN here at home and have to laugh every time I start to read it.

I think it takes me 5 minutes to read the paper...sad.
Report Spam   Logged
buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 05:56:01 pm »

No news is good news...
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
Tuck

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 06:14:52 pm »

I guess Danville is chock full of good news then....
Report Spam   Logged
music man

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 07:00:30 pm »

I sure got a call from that number. They did ask me about the "Commercial News" I told them I was on the "Do not call list" & not to call me again.
Report Spam   Logged
Bingo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 08:23:23 pm »

Skip, I do get the CN here at home and have to laugh every time I start to read it.

I think it takes me 5 minutes to read the paper...sad.

Pull out a few classifieds, mostly Situations Wanted?, and it doesn't take much longer to read most larger city newspapers.  Newspapers are becoming very sad. I have also noticed NEWS is not always easy to find. Lots of personal opinion and expression in the reports.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum