Vermilion Voice
April 19, 2024, 11:28:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Pot

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pot  (Read 271 times)
marigoldhead

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
Pot
« on: February 17, 2010, 06:56:20 am »

I heard on the news this morning that in tuscola, two ton of pot was found in a truck.  Drugs and crime are not a problem in our area!!!!  lol   Think again.....
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Cleaning Lady

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 09:41:13 am »

I heard on the news this morning that in tuscola, two ton of pot was found in a truck.  Drugs and crime are not a problem in our area!!!!  lol   Think again.....
Two tons? I would like to read this article. I'm sure you have an idea how much two tons is Marigold. How can that be? There is no way you can put two tons of anything in the truck of a car.
Report Spam   Logged

Keep It Clean
Tuck

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 10:35:45 am »

Two tons? I would like to read this article. I'm sure you have an idea how much two tons is Marigold. How can that be? There is no way you can put two tons of anything in the truck of a car.

Cleaning lady, he did not say "trunk", he said it was in a TRUCK....don't mean to correct you...at first I read trunk as well...
Report Spam   Logged
Cleaning Lady

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 10:51:37 am »

Cleaning lady, he did not say "trunk", he said it was in a TRUCK....don't mean to correct you...at first I read trunk as well...
Oops, my bad. Yes I thought he said trunk and I even said truck. That makes better sense. It surprises me none about finding that much pot. Sorry Marigold, my mistake.
Report Spam   Logged

Keep It Clean
buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 04:29:27 pm »

Lessee...

Obama smoked pot,

Bush, Jr. smoked pot,

Clinton smoked pot,

Ingesting pot, in any amount, has 'never' killed anyone...ever,

Our Founding Fathers, as well as everyone else back then grew pot,

Forty percent of medicines contained cannabis or hashish oil before 1938,

in 1938, when Congress placed a 'prohibitive tax' on pot after two days of testimony, DuPont introduced an oil-based synthetic fiber called 'Rayon.'

Nixon created a non-partisan panel of experts to go around the country, gather facts on the impact of pot laws on society, and return with their esteemed report.  The panel was gone a year and reported back to the president that the laws against pot possession were more detrimental to society than the drug itself.  Nixon ignored their recommendation to decriminalize it.

Carter did the same thing, got the same advice, and also ignored it.

15 - 20 million people use illegal drugs.  90% of them smoke pot only.  If pot was decriminalized, can you imagine how many judges, DA's, lawyers, cops, prison guards, etc. would be looking for something to do?

Smoking pot is much less dangerous to society, and the user, than drinking alcohol or smoking tobacco. 

Another benefit for authorities to keeping pot illegal, besides keeping their jobs, is that it allows them to arrest other-wise law-abiding users and put them in 'the system.' 

Everything that you've heard through the controlled media about the evil weed is a lie...just another lie to invade privacy and keep smokers from enjoying their G_d-given right to 'the pursuit of happiness.'

G-d gave us pot,...man made alcohol...
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 06:06:43 pm »

IMO....hemp has been a cash cow and could be again.

Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Pretender

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 3
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 06:07:26 pm »

Article about pot/truck:

http://chicagopressrelease.com/press-releases/three-arrested-in-two-ton-cannabis-bust-in-douglas-county

Authorities are now going after K2 which has basically the same effect as pot:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35444158/ns/health-addictions

Buz,

Alcohol came about due to the fermenting of pot maybe?!?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 06:09:03 pm by Pretender » Report Spam   Logged

Bob
Hhop

View Profile WWW
Signature Webmaster Level 3
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 06:05:40 am »

I cannot remember the year for certain, but there was a brief period of time; probably about 1973 or 1974; when marijuana was legal in Indiana. That was because of an oversight by their lawmakers. They passed another law and somehow mistakenly eliminated the penalties for possession and use of marijuana. It was only for a few months; and then they renewed the penalties.
Report Spam   Logged

You don't have to stop playing when you get old, but you get old when you stop playing.
marigoldhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 06:50:59 am »

Lessee...

Obama smoked pot,

Bush, Jr. smoked pot,

Clinton smoked pot,

Ingesting pot, in any amount, has 'never' killed anyone...ever,

Our Founding Fathers, as well as everyone else back then grew pot,

Forty percent of medicines contained cannabis or hashish oil before 1938,

in 1938, when Congress placed a 'prohibitive tax' on pot after two days of testimony, DuPont introduced an oil-based synthetic fiber called 'Rayon.'

Nixon created a non-partisan panel of experts to go around the country, gather facts on the impact of pot laws on society, and return with their esteemed report.  The panel was gone a year and reported back to the president that the laws against pot possession were more detrimental to society than the drug itself.  Nixon ignored their recommendation to decriminalize it.

Carter did the same thing, got the same advice, and also ignored it.

15 - 20 million people use illegal drugs.  90% of them smoke pot only.  If pot was decriminalized, can you imagine how many judges, DA's, lawyers, cops, prison guards, etc. would be looking for something to do?

Smoking pot is much less dangerous to society, and the user, than drinking alcohol or smoking tobacco. 

Another benefit for authorities to keeping pot illegal, besides keeping their jobs, is that it allows them to arrest other-wise law-abiding users and put them in 'the system.' 

Everything that you've heard through the controlled media about the evil weed is a lie...just another lie to invade privacy and keep smokers from enjoying their G_d-given right to 'the pursuit of happiness.'

G-d gave us pot,...man made alcohol...

I totally agree..... Pot is natural and really has never hurt anyone....
Report Spam   Logged
buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 01:11:42 pm »

You do?  Oh...okay...I just got confused when you put 'drugs and crime' in a post about a pot bust.
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
marigoldhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 06:53:38 am »

You do?  Oh...okay...I just got confused when you put 'drugs and crime' in a post about a pot bust.

I guess I worded it wrong.... drugs and crime are a big problem here......... it is true that this is a drug, but it is not the drug that causes most of our crime.  Pot is around more than people know.  It can become a problem with crime if you get into the big game.  Most of you would be surprised at  who is smoking pot.  I did not mean to sound like it was ok.  Sorry buzzoro about the confussion.  Sometimes I type before I think....
Report Spam   Logged
skiptown

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 02:48:17 pm »

Hey dude, where did you say that truck is? how far is it and what are you doing Sat afternoon, I'll pay gor the gas man if wwe can use your car dude.
Report Spam   Logged

Look around and see if you are with us
<**>
Pretender

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 06:03:20 pm »

Groovy!!!!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Bob
buzorro