Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 04:28:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The enemy is us

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The enemy is us  (Read 76 times)
buzorro

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« on: February 24, 2010, 08:55:42 pm »

Many a truth is spoke in jest

Note: JibJab was one of the original cyber-videos on the web...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKv6RcXa2UI&feature=player_embedded
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

buzorro

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 07:42:26 pm »

One Piece Of Moderately Good Economic News And 14 Pieces Of Bad Economic News That Are So Horrifying You Might Not Want To Read Them Standing Up

(Note: The 'Moderately Good News' mentioned in the article is the latest job report issued by the lia..., er..., government that 151,000 jobs were 'created' by US employers.  Most of these are retail seasonal hirings, to disappear after the Christmas holidays.)

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/one-piece-of-moderately-good-economic-news-and-14-pieces-of-bad-economic-news-that-are-so-horrifying-you-might-not-want-to-read-them-standing-up

The following is a 'Comment' offered by one of the readers of that article:

As a Canadian watching the US twist too and fro like a fly caught on a spiders web I can only offer you my condolences, and pray your contagion doesn’t cross the border.

As to the causes – they are obvious to everyone in the western world except Americans. As to the cure – there is really no short term constructive alternatives available.

The causes are simple. Basically you’ve bought into the American Myth. Or the American Lie as the rest of the world views it. Way too many Americans believe in “freedom and “liberty” – WAY MORE than they believe in having a sane community and government. In the name of “freedom” and “liberty” you’ve let yourself get castrated by the rich, the super rich, the 2% or 3% of you that actually own your country.

Using brain dead morons like the tea party and the believers in Reaganomics to vote against their own self interests – you Americans – have allowed your jobs to be transferred overseas (never to return), your wealth to be invested overseas (never to return) and your education and health systems to fall to third world standards.

By playing to an abomination of an interpretation of “freedom” and “liberty” as postulated in the American Myth – the tiny minority that owns you has gotten you to destroy your country while enriching the super-rich to obscene and unheard of levels. They sold you trickle down, deregulate, the “government is the enemy” and you BOUGHT IT – hook, line and sinker. Now you’ve no jobs, no industry, very little hope and you’re paying for 11 Nuclear Carrier Battle Groups – ELEVEN – while your only real long term – even possible enemy – China, has a staggering ZERO nuclear Carrier Battle Groups.

You are not a country – you are a collection of 300+ million “freedom” and “liberty” loving morons who have been manipulated and used as the dupes you are. Fortunately, the rest of the western world has been watching and we have health care, jobs and “community” – and – by the way we’ve also got “freedom” and “liberty” it’s called Democracy – it’s what we citizens use to protect ourselves from that tiny minority that owns you but not us. The world thinks you fight a revolution to get “freedom” and “democracy” by creating Democracy – and by participating in it. Americans are the ONLY PEOPLE in the world that think they fought a revolution in order to get the right to carry guns in order to be able to make war on their own Democracy – if they don’t like it. Insane – morons.

You’ve been hoisted on your own myths and there you swing – so be it. Enjoy.
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum