Vermilion Voice
April 19, 2024, 04:51:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Morels!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Morels!  (Read 388 times)
Winston

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« on: March 30, 2010, 03:18:16 pm »

Still too early here, but apparently they're rarin' to go elsewhere;  check out:
http://www.morels.com/photos/
So, for any 'shroomers in the crowd, perhaps all that darn snow will pay dividends this spring.  Happy hunting!

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tuck

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 03:52:59 pm »

I am raring to go..........been many years.
Report Spam   Logged
Winston

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 05:51:40 pm »

Well, good luck, Tuck.   No doubt plenty folks will share their secret spots... (yeah, sure).  Someone at that link above said the key to early finds is rocky soil (warms up faster), and elevation (presumably the land, not the hunter).   Understandable they're in Guatemala, but I was surprised a bunch were found early March in San Jose, CA (which I know the way to, and granted, it's a lot further north than San Diego).  But hey, they're even in Texas AND Alaska!  Also in England.  (Of course, 'shroomers are akin to fisherfolk in the Whopper-Telling Department. Wink)

All those nice photos are making me itch to go too.  (Probably because I always get more poison ivy than mushrooms, but still ... worth it!)  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Tuck

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 10:57:21 pm »

My brother seen some morels in County Market the other day, a small package, and they were charging over $13. I did try asking my brother some of his spots, but no luck...he just smiled. He did give me a word of warning tho, not to hunt until after about 1pm, when the turkey time was over. Don't know if he was actually warning me about the shooters, or calling me a turkey. Maybe both, lol
Report Spam   Logged
Chazzy

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 08:55:15 pm »

My granson has found about 40, so far.........young greys.        need rain and too hot to soon. good hunting everyone
Report Spam   Logged
DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 09:15:56 pm »

Darnit...I wish I didn't have blowed-out knees otherwise I would have been out stomping around in the woods myself.  Sad
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Chazzy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 08:55:39 pm »

We went out this afternoon. I found 1, my granson found 35, pretty nice ones........still very dry.need rain..tryin to up load pictures, im tryin..aahl hell i been tryin to up a pic, m but cant pull it off rite now.will keep tryin.
Report Spam   Logged
Chazzy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 03:33:46 pm »

Went out this morning and i found my  1, but the granson found 63 nice ones grey and yellow....still tryin to get pics, but i got them uploaded to tinypics, but not able to get them to the forum...any ideas?
Report Spam   Logged
Bingo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 08:17:44 pm »

If I saw those things I would never dream they would be edible. No way will I look for anyone's favorite gathering spots.
Report Spam   Logged
Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 10:18:13 pm »

Angel posted some pictures of some her mom found today on Facebook........makes my mouth water!
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 10:55:07 pm »

Went out this morning and i found my  1, but the granson found 63 nice ones grey and yellow....still tryin to get pics, but i got them uploaded to tinypics, but not able to get them to the forum...any ideas?

Ok Chazzy this is real easy...at tinypic.com click on the picture you want to post then look on the left hand-side of the page and you will see Grab Your Code. Click once inside the box that says IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards this automatically copies the address of your picture, then come here and just click inside the text box and press the CTRL button and the letter V on your keyboard at the same time and that will paste it into your post. You can click the Preview button here to make sure you can see your picture. Hope this helps ya!  Grin

Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Winston

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 07:43:37 am »

Or Chazzy, assuming you put your pics on the "Morels" page there, we could just go to
http://tinypic.com/search.php?tag=morels&type=images and try to guess which are the TWO you found.   Cheesy

Bingo, thanks for donating your share to the needy. 

Sorry to hear about the knees, DejaVu.  Even without mushrooms, a quiet ramble in the woods ("God's cathedral") can put the world in perspective.  Not trying to be a smart-aleck here, but since a walking stick is helpful to a mushroom hunter (who should proceed slowly anyway so as not to scare away the hunted Wink ), maybe a cane or two (crutches, even?) would help more!

My antennae haven't started twitching uncontrollably yet, so "my" area still awaits with bounty ... unless Chaz's grandson has already been there...  Grin

« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 08:31:31 am by Winston » Report Spam   Logged
Chazzy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 08:25:56 pm »

Winston, if ur spot isnt in any of the 3 parks , i can promise the granson and i havent been there..  Thats about all we can hunt anymore..  D.J  i will try that i got some in the tiny pics but that is about as far as i got............i think its gonna be over unless we get some rain..Thanks
Report Spam   Logged
Hhop

View Profile WWW
Signature Webmaster Level 3
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 08:36:41 pm »

I found a few yellow mushrooms over the weekend. I had my 23 month old granddaughter along and let her pick them.
Report Spam   Logged

You don't have to stop playing when you get old, but you get old when you stop playing.
Chazzy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 09:05:16 pm »

I did wut you said DJ, but it blew up again., i quit, i can send the pics to someone that knows wut the hell they are doing , let me know
..Thanks
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum