Vermilion Voice
April 16, 2024, 03:40:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

A patriot (hero) speaks

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A patriot (hero) speaks  (Read 44 times)
buzorro

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« on: March 31, 2010, 09:51:11 pm »

Some have said the authors of our US Constitution had no idea what the future held, and therefore we need laws that may 'seem to be un-Constitutional.'  Why don't we just ignore it altogether?  Most people who 'claim' to be proud Americans have never read it anyway.  Most of them obviously haven't got a clue that that 'piece of paper' forbids what we're presently doing in Iraq and Afghanistan, and soon will be doing in Iran...

At any rate, listen closely to what this US Lt. Colonel intends to sacrifice for his country...

Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Winston

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 06:37:41 pm »

Sorry, I was turned off by the Teabonics in the very first frame:  "Elegibility"  Wink    ...    Ok, ok, maybe an innocent typo, but isn't that Birther bull getting awfully stale?!
http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_citi.html   
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_citizenship_conspiracy_theories

(Say, to any diehard Birthers, have the SS come pounding on your door yet?  Secret Service, that is... Shocked )
http://motherjones.com/politics/2010/01/secret-service-targeting-birthers
Report Spam   Logged
buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 10:47:22 pm »

I've seen this before and it's worth putting out there again, if I've already posted it somewhere:

http://eclipptv.com/viewVideo.php?video_id=11094

A lot of veterans are now understanding that, in the present 'war' in Iraq and Afghanistan at the least, we're not the good guys.  This is not a 'just' war, hence the high suicide rate among young vets.

As an aside...concerning 'mis-spelled words'....

Actually, I noticed this trend decades ago when the C-N started down-sizing and the proofreader was no more.  I chalk it up mainly to the dumbing-down of our education system, but texting and ignorance also are factors.  You know, Moses questioned G_d's reasoning for choosing him to confront the Pharoah because of his stuttering problem.  Lesson:  Mis-spelled words are a distraction from the message.

I have a friend who is very intelligent.  While talking with him, one would imagine that he holds a Ph. D in some field.  But the guy cannot spell any better than a third-grader.  Go figure...  When I've pointed this out to him in the past, his reason (excuse?) was that he had learned speed-reading at an early age and this caused him to overlook the finer detail of correct spelling.  Whatever...

Watch the clip...
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
Winston

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 12:42:25 pm »

Thank you Buz, that one I absolutely agree with because it's based on clearly ethical and humane grounds, not bogus rationalization masking a moot technicality.  As he says:   

"...Our real enemies are not in some distant land ... whose names we don't know and cultures we don't understand...  The enemy is a system that wages war when it's profitable, the CEOs who lay us off our jobs when it's profitable, the insurance companies who deny us health care when it's profitable, the banks who take away our homes when it's profitable. Our enemies are not five thousand miles away. They are right here at home..."

Re:  mangled words:   Although some people (e.g., moi) feel as fervently about The Dictionary as others do about The Constitution, as DV (and most) would surely agree, neither's as important as, say, the galaxy exploding...  Shocked  (But hey, it's said even Einstein was slow at word use.)

Funny, I don't recall Charlton Heston stuttering in The Ten Commandments. Wink  (In a deep voice:  "Let my c-c-c-consonants go."  )   Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum