Vermilion Voice
April 17, 2024, 10:45:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Do 'heroes' murder?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do 'heroes' murder?  (Read 66 times)
buzorro

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« on: April 05, 2010, 08:42:55 pm »

WikiLeaks VIDEO Exposes 2007 'Collateral Murder' In Iraq

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/05/wikileaks-exposes-video-o_n_525569.html

The only survivors were two children who were gravely wounded during this mass murder.

Surely there are some 'good soldiers' 'over there,' but instances like this one will be the ones that will greatly overshadow all the good deeds.  Keep in mind also that this video is one that managed to 'go public.'  Most are well kept in the bowels of our shadowy Pentagon.

Remember when the Abu Gharib story (w/photos) became public?  Remember that hundreds of videos and pics were shown to Senators only, and not made public?  It's the same deal.  Anytime our forces kill anybody 'over there,' we're always told that they were insurgents.  Riiiight...

Always remember that what our military is doing 'over there' is un-Constitutional and against international law.  The 'bought & paid for' Congress and President (past and present) obviously don't care, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't.

Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 10:08:53 am »

Always remember that what our military is doing 'over there' is un-Constitutional and against international law.  The 'bought & paid for' Congress and President (past and present) obviously don't care, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't.

There have been lots of anti-war protests going on. On 3-20-10 there was a big anti-war protest in Washington DC but it didn't get any notice at all. Remember....there was a "Tea Party" rally that same day and it sure got plenty of media attention. The Anti-war protesters are a different breed of people...they can actually spell and they allow blacks to participate. There will be even bigger and more frequent Anti-war protests to come but I doubt those get any media coverage either. The media decides what information we are allowed to know. That's why I don't bother turning on my tv anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6miGT1DOcI&feature=related
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 08:24:03 pm »

The Anti-war protesters are a different breed of people...they can actually spell and they allow blacks to participate.

HAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!

FUNNY!!!!

You were trying to be funny...right?
Report Spam   Logged

DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 11:28:28 am »

The Anti-war protesters are a different breed of people...they can actually spell and they allow blacks to participate.

HAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!

FUNNY!!!!

You were trying to be funny...right?

The Anti-war protesters are a different breed than the Teabaggers.
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Guardian Angel

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 12:28:20 pm »

You got that right!
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 04:55:44 pm »

Hmmmm...tempting...should I?

Nah,...I might be the victim of knee-jerk name-calling...

BTW, the reason I gave this thread the title it has was to make it perfectly clear that it is not fair to the good soldiers that we have, to lump them in with the bad ones by calling all soldiers or vets 'heroes.'  Those that do are not being realistic.  They're only fooling themselves.  Killing civilians is murder.  Killing wounded 'alleged' enemies is murder.

'Heroes' do not murder.
Report Spam   Logged

Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 05:21:16 pm »

No soldier deserves the label Hero unless he has performed an heroic deed.  Merely serving ones country doesn't make one a hero, patriotic, yes, hero, no!
Report Spam   Logged

buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 06:27:54 am »

More of the same...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stq1Gd3OnGk&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l76qZkQIFwg&feature=related
Report Spam   Logged

Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 09:33:09 am »

The war in Iraq was based on lies.  The administration that started it allowed torture.  That stuff starts at the top and works it's way down.  If your leaders don't care what makes you think the followers will?  We never should have been there in the first place.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum