Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 08:51:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Baseball

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Baseball  (Read 185 times)
Bingo

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« on: April 10, 2010, 03:35:13 pm »

The season is young, only started this week. But my favorite team is playing great baseball!! Monday is home opening day here in St Louis. There will be fun and food and giveaways and music and did I say fun? hours before the game.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Terry

View Profile
Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 08:57:26 am »

It's the Cubs vs. Reds today at 1:20 PM on CSN.  This should be an easy one for the Reds.
Report Spam   Logged
Tuck

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 03:47:36 pm »

It's the Cubs vs. Reds today at 1:20 PM on CSN.  This should be an easy one for the Reds.

No too easy. 2-2 right now, top of the 9th.
Report Spam   Logged
Terry

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 06:07:57 pm »

Yep, surprised me Tuck.  Too bad Wood didn't get his first major league win.  In spite of Baker, the Reds look like a contender this year.
Report Spam   Logged
Terry

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 11:29:27 am »

Game 2 comin' up at 1:20.  Reds need an easy one today.  Cubs tried to spoil things yesterday, but missed the mark.
Report Spam   Logged
Terry

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 12:29:56 pm »

Game 3 comin' up at 1:20 today.  Reds crushed the Cubs yesterday.  If the Cubs stand a chance of winning, they're going to need to improve in  their defense and hitting.  Somehow, lately they look like they've just given up. 
Report Spam   Logged
Tuck

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 03:34:57 pm »

Well Terry, Cubs actually won today. How about that. Miracles do happen once in a while.
Report Spam   Logged
Terry

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 11:09:04 am »

Cubs pitching looked very good yesterday.  Lets see if they can pitch again that way today.
Report Spam   Logged
Tuck

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 11:48:46 am »

Ted Lilly has been doing a pretty decent job.

Hopefully the Cubs will tie the series today.
Report Spam   Logged
music man

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2010, 06:00:13 pm »

I've been a "Reds"fan since childhood. At least I got to see the "Big Red Machine" I now know how "Cubs"fans must feel since Cinn.has been a loser for the last 10 years or so. From a business point of view I don't understand how the "Cubs" fill the stands whether they win 90 games or lose 90.At some point I don't call it fan support,but fan *&^%$#(!

Look at Pittsburg. Plenty of empty seats.Cinn.got rid of the big contracts of Adam Dunn & Ken Griffey & now they have 1st place. I would not bet on them to be there is Sept.St.Louis seems to find just enough to get it done. It will be interesting to see what they do with Albert at the end of the season.Word is he wants 50 million a year!

Baseball seems to be heading for the same "Wall Street"crisis. The "Texas Rangers" went bankrupt a few weeks ago.Anybody have views on where "MLB"is heading?
Report Spam   Logged
Terry

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 07:41:32 pm »

I've been a "Reds"fan since childhood. At least I got to see the "Big Red Machine" I now know how "Cubs"fans must feel since Cinn.has been a loser for the last 10 years or so. From a business point of view I don't understand how the "Cubs" fill the stands whether they win 90 games or lose 90.At some point I don't call it fan support,but fan *&^%$#(!

Look at Pittsburg. Plenty of empty seats.Cinn.got rid of the big contracts of Adam Dunn & Ken Griffey & now they have 1st place. I would not bet on them to be there is Sept.St.Louis seems to find just enough to get it done. It will be interesting to see what they do with Albert at the end of the season.Word is he wants 50 million a year!

Baseball seems to be heading for the same "Wall Street"crisis. The "Texas Rangers" went bankrupt a few weeks ago.Anybody have views on where "MLB"is heading?

Remember the Reds in 1990 ?  Nobody thought they had a chance either.  They just might surprise us this year.  I hope so.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum