Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 12:06:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

National Day of Prayer

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: National Day of Prayer  (Read 66 times)
granny1

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« on: April 16, 2010, 04:33:10 pm »

Just want rational opions on this topic. I was told today that the President cancelled the National Day of Prayer.What right does he have to do this, if this true. It had been a tradition for years that people come together in May and celebrate a day of prayer.In my working years, we met downtown on our lunch hour  to do this. What is the difference between this and the day of prayer that he allowed the Muslim faith to hold at the White House? Just asking.Prorites??? I think so. As a Christian this offends me. Thanks, as I stated just asking.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 05:51:58 pm »

This has gone viral on the Internet.....................just more propaganda....

The truth: President Obama has not, in fact, canceled the National Day of Prayer.  Per a 1988 Act of Congress setting the observance on the first Thursday of every May, the U.S. National Day of Prayer will take place as usual on May 6, 2010.

The event took place as scheduled last year as well, though newly-elected President Obama broke with George W. Bush's practice of holding a White House ceremony on the occasion. Neither Obama nor any other White House entity stated that it was canceled so as "not to offend anybody."

I really get tired of all the lies that go around. They only make things worse.

http://www.presidentialprayerteam.org/090507-Proclamation.asp

You can read the statement Obama made in 2009 at the above link.   He hasn't made a 2010 announcement yet.
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
granny1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 06:28:06 am »

GA I stand corrected. The person that passed this item on to me and my other friends amended what she told us. It was a Judge that is trying to stop the day. Although I still as a Christian am offended that someone like a Judge  can try to do these sorts of things. The way our world is today ,this does not surprise me at all. I just wish the priorities were different,but I think those days are over.  And you are so right, one statement can spread like wild fire. I will no longer take part in this.
Report Spam   Logged
Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 09:07:08 am »

I doubt that that one judge from Wisconsin will have much effect on the National Day of prayer......It was instated by congress so I am sure it will take an act of congress to stop it.  But...........you never know.  Look at all the damage just one athiest did.
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum