Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 09:22:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Any Oprah fans out there?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Oprah fans out there?  (Read 128 times)
buzorro

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« on: April 16, 2010, 07:09:03 pm »

I'll be honest, I've never seen one of Oprah's shows.  Bits and pieces, once in a blue moon, but I know there are many women that do watch her regularly. 

I've just come across this article called, 'Oprah's Dirty Little "Secret",' and with a title like that, well...  So the author claims that Oprah 'heavily promoted' 'The Secret.'  Does anyone know if this is true?

"The Secret", which was heavily promoted by Oprah teaches the following:

"Be clear about the amount of money you want to receive. State it and intend it! Don’t think about how much you can earn, but how much you want to receive.

Fall in love with money. Most people do not love money, because they always feel that they don't have enough of it.

Visualize and imagine yourself spending all the money you want, as though you have it already.

Speak, act, and think from the mindset of being wealthy now. Eliminate thoughts and words of lack such as "I can't afford it", "It is too expensive".

Do not speak or think of the lack of money for a single second.

Be grateful for the money you have. Appreciate it as you touch it.

Make lists of all the things you will buy with an abundance of money.

Do whatever it takes for you to feel wealthy.

Affirm to yourself every day that you have an abundance of money, and that it comes to you effortlessly."

Read the rest here:  http://www.moneyteachers.org/The.Secret.htm

Weird, but so 'Amerikan'...
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 11:12:38 pm »

Reciting positive affirmations are nothing new and hardly a "dirty" secret. Positive affirmations are the backbone of meditation. And....I notice the author gives absolutely no background/context to this story about Oprah.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Guardian Angel

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 09:03:51 am »

Thinking positive adds zest to life, you ought to try it Buzz!
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 10:40:45 am »

So,...I'm supposed to love money, 'pretend' I'm rich and I'll be happy?  Is that what you two are implying?

From the article:

"Be clear about the amount of money you want to receive. State it and intend it! Don’t think about how much you can earn, but how much you want to receive.

Fall in love with money. Most people do not love money, because they always feel that they don't have enough of it.

Visualize and imagine yourself spending all the money you want, as though you have it already.

Speak, act, and think from the mindset of being wealthy now. Eliminate thoughts and words of lack such as "I can't afford it", "It is too expensive".

Do not speak or think of the lack of money for a single second.

Be grateful for the money you have. Appreciate it as you touch it.

Make lists of all the things you will buy with an abundance of money.

Do whatever it takes for you to feel wealthy.

Affirm to yourself every day that you have an abundance of money, and that it comes to you effortlessly."

...Oprah's gospel is that salvation comes through material possessions and not through obedience to our Conscience.

...Feeling wealthy usually means living beyond your means through credit cards or other debts. "I deserve it" is one step away from "I am bankrupt."

"Do whatever it takes to feel good. The emotions of joy and happiness are powerful money magnets. Be happy now!"

..."Fall in love with YOU!

Make lists of hundreds and hundreds of wonderful things about you. Keep adding to it every day.

Know that you are perfect. Do not think any negative thoughts about you.

Know that you are worthy and deserving of anything and everything you could possibly want in your life."

Another great Satanic Lie is "loving one's self above all others." Psychopaths are the ultimate lovers of self.

Should I go on?  Yes?  No?  These are 'positive affirmations?'

Think positive...deny reality...Scarlett O'Hara revisited...
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
Guardian Angel

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 10:49:40 am »

I made no mention of money.......just be positive!  You drip with negativity!

You always ask for links................may we have one for that post about Oprah?
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 12:09:53 pm »

So,...I'm supposed to love money, 'pretend' I'm rich and I'll be happy?  Is that what you two are implying?

No, I don't think anyone is saying that but wouldn't you be happier if you didn't need to worry about money? I'm just trying to point out that in psychological terms, positive affirmations appear to work on a persons consciousness when the affirmations are stated as fact. Our thoughts make us who and what we are. It seems your negative thoughts are getting the better of you sweetie...you sure don't seem like a very happy person.  Sad

Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Terry

View Profile
Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 01:07:18 pm »

Having money will not make you happy.  That starts from within each of us.  However, not having money can make you unhappy if you don't know how to manage what you have.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum