Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 10:23:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

American men marrying foriegn women

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: American men marrying foriegn women  (Read 240 times)
buzorro

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« on: March 12, 2010, 04:29:19 am »

I know several males like the ones mentioned in this article...

http://www.henrymakow.com/marrying_a_foreigner-_wisdom_f.html
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DejaVu

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Search Level 5
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 11:14:24 am »

I know several males like the ones mentioned in this article...

http://www.henrymakow.com/marrying_a_foreigner-_wisdom_f.html

Sure you do.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 05:53:03 pm »

Yep, right here in D'ville.

Where I work, there are five women of various nationalities, though centering in the Indonesian geographical area, who are the modern-day versions of mail-order brides.  Their husbands met them on the internet, got out their credit card, ordered one that 'looked good,' and bought her, more or less.

That's just in one company in D'ville...

It's more common than you think, I guess.
Report Spam   Logged

DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 09:38:05 am »

I was just kidding you but yeah you're right....I had no idea it was that common around here. So did those 5 woman dump their husbands or are they still with them?  Huh
Report Spam   Logged

The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity, but the one that removes awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside. --Allan Bloom
Mr. Buzorro

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 10:07:02 am »

Not that I'm aware of.  I could be wrong, but I think that, in addition to getting an attractive woman (which may be a problem domestically), most of these guys are expecting these women to be 'more traditional,' in the sense that they are more committed to the oath of marriage, hence less likely to fool around,... probably hoping that they were raised in a family where 'the man was the head of the house,' (the role-playing thingy) and likely to be comfortable continuing that kind of relationship.

It's all conjecture on my part...I've never visited their homes or whatever.  I just imagine that some guys who have been burnt in the past may have an inferiority complex and are desperate enough to think that a foreign woman 'would do anything' to escape their own environment and really appreciate an opportunity to live in America...sumpin' like dat... 
Report Spam   Logged
techguy

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 2
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 12:37:06 pm »

I'm reminded of Eddie Murphy's bit in "Raw" where he talks about going to Africa to find a wife. I'd link, but it's got language some may not like. Go to Youtube and look for Eddie Murphy African Wife. It's hilarious.
Report Spam   Logged
Bingo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 03:03:38 pm »

Not that I'm aware of.  I could be wrong, but I think that, in addition to getting an attractive woman (which may be a problem domestically), most of these guys are expecting these women to be 'more traditional,' in the sense that they are more committed to the oath of marriage, hence less likely to fool around,... probably hoping that they were raised in a family where 'the man was the head of the house,' (the role-playing thingy) and likely to be comfortable continuing that kind of relationship.

It's all conjecture on my part...I've never visited their homes or whatever.  I just imagine that some guys who have been burnt in the past may have an inferiority complex and are desperate enough to think that a foreign woman 'would do anything' to escape their own environment and really appreciate an opportunity to live in America...sumpin' like dat... 

No attractive women in this country huh? That is funny. Because a woman has a job and a mind she is more likely to fool around?  I have been employed all the years of my 37 year marriage. Never ever have I 'stepped outside my marriage". My husband is no shrinking violet who takes orders from women. He is not particularly p.c. but he has good sense and sensibilities. I am pleased to hear those five guys found em some docile, grateful women who bust their butts at home and work, cause I don't know of any women who would be interested in men looking for those special women.
Report Spam   Logged
Guardian Angel

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 03:42:06 pm »

You go girl!................ Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 11:14:41 pm »

... in addition to getting an attractive woman (which may be a problem domestically)...

Get it?

Oh, yeah,...Double Amen!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 10:44:28 am »

When we operated the nursing home here in Sikeston, we had a Korean lady named Kim as a patient.  Kim was married to a US Serviceman, brought to the US, had 2 sons whom she adored.  Her husband left her in a trailer in Cape Giraudeau where his family lived  while he traveled all over the world with the US Army.  His family detested her, she spoke very broken English and had few friends.  She worked at a local restaurant and while walking (she had no vehicle and couldn't drive) home one night was struck by a hit and run driver.  She was in the hospital for months.  Her husband came home, took the boys, filed for divorce and left her in a strange country all alone with nothing.  She was placed in our nursing home by a social worker who said she would not live very long.

Because of the accident, Kim didn't remember much and spoke only Korean.  She had one friend who came to see her frequently and with the help of that friend we pieced her life together and gave it some meaning.  She wouldn't eat so we researched Korean foods and provided them.  We build a tilt table out of an old surgery cart that we could strap her to and gradually stand her up and teach her to walk again.  We located her family in Korea through the Korean embassy (who had no idea what had become of her) and put her back in contact.  She had children from a previous marriage and they were so happy to have found their mother.  As far as I know, Kim's American husband never allowed the boys to see their mother again.  When we left the nursing home in 1984, Kim was walking with the aid of a  walker, and speaking English again.  I heard that she was later transferred (by the state) to a nursing home near St. Louis.  I am hoping that there were a greater number of Korean people in that area to give meaning to her life.

Who knows what this woman was promised by her American husband, I only know what she got and it wasn't pretty.  She washed, cleaned, cooked, cared for his children, made a home for him  and in the end was abandoned as an invalid in a foreign land without anything, no family, no money, no home, just used, abused and thrown to the side like a piece of garbage.
Report Spam   Logged

Winston

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 05:21:09 pm »

What a sad set of circumstances, GA.  Certainly the fulfillment of the "American Dream" or concepts of "Land of the Free and Home of the Brave" have never existed for plenty foreigners enticed to these shores, nor has the idea of "Women's Equality" even been allowed in some countries. 

Despite all the decades of "Women's Lib," sometimes I wonder if it's even truly taken hold here, especially to see something like the following, which I stumbled across on the 'Net a few days ago.  Even though it's straying a bit off-topic, I'm hoping someone will comment on it, either the "message" or the "messenger" -- who ostensibly wrote it in all seriousness, but didn't offer any name.   Gosh, wonder why! Roll Eyes  (Please know I did NOT write it!)

Women
Women are ultra-impressionable beings, and therefore are easily controlled.... The main purpose of women ... is to enslave men via relationships.  Women are obsessed with relationships and love ... and don't care about anything else in life.  They would have men believe that being in a relationship is one of the most important things in existence, not realizing that men couldn't care less about being in a relationship -- and rightly so. Furthermore, women force men to waste their precious time and resources on them.  This demonic charade (i.e., relationships) has gone on for far too long and obviously has no end in sight.  Thus, you can blame women for the downfall and utter hopelessness of humanity.

Make no mistake:  It is indeed tragic that a man cannot satisfy his sexual needs without also getting trapped in a relationship at the same time (otherwise, he will be accused of ****, since non-relationship consensual sex does not exist on Earth.... Now, just imagine if you had to buy an entire pizza restaurant just to order a pizza--an evil absurdity indeed.

Another thing that makes women insufferable is the fact that they are, essentially, babies.  That is, they possess the emotional maturity of a 4-year-old boy.  Women cry, throw fits, and need men to take care of them.  Um, adults shouldn't need someone else to take care of them.

All in all, women promote the enslavement, rather than the liberation, of humanity ... throw women into the equation and you have absolute misery.  They are like sheep dogs helping out a shepherd (hence the term "****," in case you didn't know).

And to think, women are actually proud of their controlling ways.  What a disgrace. 
Report Spam   Logged
buzorro

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 07:51:55 pm »

I wouldn't touch that with a ten-foot pole.  The author appears to be 'touched' somehow.*

But I do agree with the assessment of the story by GA.  American Dream?  How about 'Nightmare?'  Perhaps the husband was also ostracized by his family and friends for 'his choice' of marrying a foreign woman.  If so, his later 'actions' afterwards hardly rectifies the situation.  'Hero,' indeed...

I would throw in the observation that it seems that the times have changed, though.  Maybe it's different here in the Midwest (although I don't think that's the case).  The 'foreign wives' that I spoke of at the beginning of this thread, and all others that I have personally known, aren't 'looked down on' in any way.  They are just seen as women from a different country,...no more, no less,...as it should be.

* Oh, alright,...since you asked...

The 'message' is, well...IMHO, rather 'extreme' to say the least.  It would be helpful to know the sex of the author,...necessary, as a matter of fact, before I could comment about him/her.

How about if I make a statement, based on my observations, and any could comment on it?  Kewl?

Ya ready?

Okay...

'Generally Speaking' - Women have a harder time living independently.  And I'm not talking financially, but emotionally.

'Desperate Housewives?'  Forget it...  How about, 'Desperate Widows?'

The floor is now open...
Report Spam   Logged

Guardian Angel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 10:47:57 pm »

You really don't want to know what I think of that article or the person who wrote it.  I have worked all my life right beside my husband so that we could have the kind of life we wanted.  It was a 50/50 relationship up until my husband was diagnosed with Alzheimers and now its 100% on me.  I would never dream of doing anything other than sticking by him and taking care of him as I am sure he would do if the shoe were on the other foot.  In our 45 years of marriage we had an exceptional relationship and still do.  If I were emotionally challenged, I would never be able to fullfill the role of caregiver for my husband.  It's very difficult to watch the person you love fade before your eyes!

The things in that article could just have well be written about a lot of men I know.......................... Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

DejaVu

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 08:25:10 am »

What a sad set of circumstances, GA.  Certainly the fulfillment of the "American Dream" or concepts of "Land of the Free and Home of the Brave" have never existed for plenty foreigners enticed to these shores, nor has the idea of "Women's Equality" even been allowed in some countries. 

Despite all the decades of "Women's Lib," sometimes I wonder if it's even truly taken hold here, especially to see something like the following, which I stumbled across on the 'Net a few days ago.  Even though it's straying a bit off-topic, I'm hoping someone will comment on it, either the "message" or the "messenger" -- who ostensibly wrote it in all seriousness, but didn't offer any name.   Gosh, wonder why! Roll Eyes  (Please know I did NOT write it!)

Women
Women are ultra-impressionable beings, and therefore are easily controlled.... The main purpose of women ... is to enslave men via relationships.  Women are obsessed with relationships and love ... and don't care about anything else in life.  They would have men believe that being in a relationship is one of the most important things in existence, not realizing that men couldn't care less about being in a relationship -- and rightly so. Furthermore, women force men to waste their precious time and resources on them.  This demonic charade (i.e., relationships) has gone on for far too long and obviously has no end in sight.  Thus, you can blame women for the downfall and utter hopelessness of humanity.

Make no mistake:  It is indeed tragic that a man cannot satisfy his sexual needs without also getting trapped in a relationship at the same time (otherwise, he will be accused of ****, since non-relationship consensual sex does not exist on Earth.... Now, just imagine if you had to buy an entire pizza restaurant just to order a pizza--an evil absurdity indeed.

Another thing that makes women insufferable is the fact that they are, essentially, babies.  That is, they possess the emotional maturity of a 4-year-old boy.  Women cry, throw fits, and need men to take care of them.  Um, adults shouldn't need someone else to take care of them.

All in all, women promote the enslavement, rather than the liberation, of humanity ... throw women into the equation and you have absolute misery.  They are like sheep dogs helping out a shepherd (hence the term "****," in case you didn't know).

And to think, women are actually proud of their controlling ways.  What a disgrace. 

Winston....it sounds to me like the quoted author is a bona fide misogynist....and a jerk.
Report Spam   Logged

Winston

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 11:26:12 pm »

(Sorry for delay in response -- too busy housepainting -- couldn't find any illegal immigrant to do it...   <feeble joke>)

Thanks for the input;  glad no one thought that diatribe was "normal" thinking!  "Touched" is putting it politely, Buz.  I agree, GA, much of that sexist rant could be applied equally to men.    "Misogynist jerk" was my immediate reaction too, DV.

With so much psychotic drivel online, I wasn't really surprised to run into such hate.  Disgusted, but not surprised.  Of course, generalizations and stereotypes are endless.  Buz, you prefaced your notion with "generally speaking" -- which I suppose literally makes it a generalization.  Seems though, I've known more "needy" men than women who were eager ("desperate"?) to "hook up" -- whether for sex, security, or simply wanting to be "babied" themselves.  Hard to count, however.

For what it's worth, one hairsplitting "study" suggests:  "It is incorrect to make a blanket statement that women are more emotional than men," she says. "It is correct to say that women show their emotions more than men."  http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/19980520132438data_trunc_sys.shtml

Of course chauvinism and emotional (as well as other forms of) manipulation and abuse occur from both "sides,"  but one generalization I always assumed was accurate because we tend to hear more reports of it  -- that men commit greater violence and injuries in relationships -- was actually negated by far more studies.  So I was actually surprised to find this:
SUMMARY:  This bibliography examines 271 scholarly investigations: 211 empirical studies and 60 reviews and/or analyses, which demonstrate that women are as physically aggressive, or more aggressive, than men in their relationships with their spouses or male partners.  The aggregate sample size in the reviewed studies exceeds 365,000.
http://www.csulb.edu/~mfiebert/assault.htm

I'm not "going anywhere" with any of this -- just throwing it out there.  But I did find the notion of women being just as violent to partners as men a YIKES! moment as well.    Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum