Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 01:31:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

What do Illegal Immigrants want?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do Illegal Immigrants want?  (Read 99 times)
buzorro

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« on: May 03, 2010, 10:50:13 pm »

This poster says it all...

Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 11:02:48 pm »

The Costs of Illegal Immigration to Californians: Executive Summary

http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer?pagename=iic_immigrationissuecentersffec
Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
Tuck

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 08:57:27 am »

I may get a few folks angry with me on this, but it is my opinion, every one is entitled to have their own.

I am against illegal immigration. Why, because it is illegal!!

There is a set procedure to gain legal admission and citizenship to this country. Millions of people have followed this procedure for many years. As far as I can see, no one is threatening to deport, or arrest people who are legal, only those who are not legal. What is so wrong with that?
Report Spam   Logged
music man

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 05:06:17 pm »

I may get a few folks angry with me on this, but it is my opinion, every one is entitled to have their own.

I am against illegal immigration. Why, because it is illegal!!

There is a set procedure to gain legal admission and citizenship to this country. Millions of people have followed this procedure for many years. As far as I can see, no one is threatening to deport, or arrest people who are legal, only those who are not legal. What is so wrong with that?

That about says it all Tuck. It's really not complicated. Tomatoes will be $1.50 or so per pound whether picked by illegals or not. If they paid $12.00 a hr.to legal people they would still be the same price. I get tired of hearing scare tactics. What is wrong with deporting illegals? If those using illegal labor started using legal labor they might purchase a yacht or 2 less. Make is a felony to hire illegals  & see how many ceo's are willing to go to prison over it.

They would scatter like cockroaches feasting on a cake with the lights flipped on at midnight.
Report Spam   Logged
music man

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 05:08:46 pm »

This all boils down to the Republicans wanting the cheap labor,the Democrats wanting the votes. The taxpayer just knows he can no longer afford this mess.
Report Spam   Logged
Winston

View Profile
Level 3 Windows User Combination
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 11:12:18 pm »

Hm, real or Photoshopped?  Sorry, I don't trust that picture.  Even the English seems too correct.  What sense is there in anyone wanting "sympathy" and "support" to taunt the public AND the police so flagrantly?  An agent provocateur perhaps?  Dis-information and trickery abound, so once again, I just don't believe all I read or see. 

But yes, Tuck, I agree.  My view?  Anyone expecting, much less demanding, a free ride ought to be "kicked off the bus."  Had previous administrations not sold US down the river (Rio Grande to be precise) decades ago, the illegal immigrant problem wouldn't be so huge now.

Legitimate comments, music man, and apt scattering image!  I don't have much occasion to interact with Mexicans, so am limited in firsthand awareness.  But I know a 30-year (American) resident of a well-kept and now predominantly Mexican trailer park (in neighboring county) who tells me his entire street will be chock-full of cars/trucks with temporary plates and exotic decorations, with socializing families and children playing.  But if a police car makes a routine pass, amazingly the street is empty within seconds.  Overall though, he says he'd much rather have "them" as neighbors because they actually watch their children, go to work, are tidy and respectful, and except for the occasional late-night weekend festive music, pose no immediate threat (as opposed to some other less responsible "types" -- who he says were all kicked out due to "other" illegalities).

Having said all that, hey, I like Mexican food and music!  If only it were possible to accept the good and reject the bad from every culture and situation, but ... 'tain't so.

Regardless, today was Cinco de Mayo;  wonder how many Americans found it an excuse to get wasted away again in Margaritaville...
... more of a U.S. holiday than a Mexican one ... it's a harmless, if totally fake holiday.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/cinco-de-mayo-history-american-celebration-battle-puebla/story?id=10561976

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum