Vermilion Voice
March 28, 2024, 07:48:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Vermilion Voice

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Lowest taxes in 60 years.....

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lowest taxes in 60 years.....  (Read 95 times)
Guardian Angel

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« on: May 19, 2010, 08:39:52 am »

The following is what must be denied at all cost!
Posted Tuesday, May 11, 2010 4:40 PM
Taxes Lowest in Nearly 60 Years
David A. Graham

RE: http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/taxes/2010-05-10-taxes_N.htm

Democratic leaders will no doubt be glad to see this report in this morning's USA Today. The paper ran the numbers, and by their calculations, Americans haven't seen such a low bill from the tax man since 1950. For those of you keeping score at home, that's 11 years before President Obama was born. Here's the key paragraph:

Federal, state and local taxes—including income, property, sales and other taxes—consumed 9.2% of all personal income in 2009, the lowest rate since 1950, the Bureau of Economic Analysis reports. That rate is far below the historic average of 12% for the last half-century. The overall tax burden hit bottom in December at 8.8% of income before rising slightly in the first three months of 2010.

The reasons, the article suggests, are the tax cuts that were included as part of the economic stimulus passed in February 2009, a shifting of the tax burden toward the wealthy, and a decrease in sales tax paid as many Americans slashed their consumption.

In some ways, USA Today's report is a rebuttal to Tea Partiers and others who have complained about their supposedly intolerable tax burdens—the Tea Party's name is sometimes portrayed as backronym for "taxed enough already"—except perhaps for those in the highest brackets. It also slaps down the perception thatBarack Obama has raised taxes on most Americans (Obama has pledged not to raise taxes on anyone making less than $250,000 a year.) These figures tend to undermine the populist complaint that citizens are being sucked dry and back up Democrats who have countered antitax protesters by saying tax rates aren't going up. Lo and behold, they can now say, they're lower!

Urgent Memo!     C O N F I D E N T I A L
TO:  All Teabaggers, Rent-a-mob Outlets and Fox Trotters
Effective immediately, you must begin undermining this story.  If the American people learn how we have been lying to them, the whole foundation of our years of cumulative Campaigning will collapse, and we will not be able to keep the American Public so confused they will vote for us in November.  Confusion and distraction are out greatest allies!
Truth is our greatest enemy.  You MUST initiate more distractions by more marches, Letters to Editors, Email blitzes and support of our paid professional actors on Fox Propaganda Channels and on Attack Radio.  Deny that they are millionaires who we pay to lie to the American people. Claim instead that they are Patriots!

Deny that we constantly spew addictive anger in order to generate hatred of democratic Governments. Deny that we have developed a system to utilize TV to Digitally Lobotomize those less intelligent among us, to turn them into Drones under our control, to send out at our Beck and call wherever we tell you vigilantes are needed.

And most of all, deny that Glenn uses onion juice to make himself cry!  That is an accepted procedure that actors use all the time, and even if he does, it does not make what we tell him to say any less sincere.
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

buzorro

View Profile
Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 10:07:13 pm »

'...a decrease in sales tax paid as many Americans slashed their consumption.'

Right...

Report Spam   Logged

Don't blame me...I voted for Ron Paul
Guardian Angel

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 10:20:29 pm »

I knew you wouldn't be happy with it..............hell you're one of the Tea Party........ Grin  And besides it's not a negative statement....... Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Be an angel, fly with God's flock.
music man

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 12:44:16 pm »

Lowest taxes in 60 years............Highest deficit ever. As far as the "Tea Party" goes,one only need look at the results of recent elections & the polls of upcoming elections. The free ride is coming to a end. Those in Washington have failed to listen to mainstream America. Mass.took the first giant step. Now Arizona has spoken.

Calif.is now saber rattling. The "Tea Party" is growing despite left wing efforts to crush it. I belong to the "Fed Up"party. I might feel different if I was on the receiving end of all those free gov't.programs. Right down to the free cell phones. When I was a teen I always got a summer job. Never did the gov't.provide me one.

Think I'll go hang around a newstand & await the return of the nickel cigar! If I wait long enough the gov't.will give them to me! States are going broke with unfunded federal mandates. I'll be glad to help my fellow neighbor but I can't make his house payment,buy his groceries & pay all his medical bills. It's not I'm not willing. I can't afford it!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum